Saturday 5 February 2011

Research for Posters 1

For my media studies course work I have to create a poster for my teaser trailer. To find out what I should include in my new poster I am going to look at posters that other producers have made for their films.


The poster above was made for the film Final fantasy Advent Children which was a anime based film. The film's genre is a action and fantasy based movie. This means that it is the same form of genre that my film is. So I have taken great amounts of inspiration from this poster to put ideas forward for my own poster.

In the poster there are the two main characters which attract the target audience due to their striking figures and looks. This allows the audience to look more closely at the poster and recognise the name of the film.
Due to the white background the the two main characters in black stand out from the background which allows the audience to notice them more easily. Also because of the poster being simple the target audience don't have to look at the poster for more than 5 seconds to realise that it is a poster and then what film it is. This technique could be described as a minimalist approach. This convention seems to be popular with lots of current films as it allows the cost of the poster to be kept low whilst being able to attract the highest amount of attention from the audience. Also due to the special effects that are being used it again attracts the attention towards the characters in the centre of the screen.
Some of the the techniques used in this poster make it very appealing to the audience which I hope I can replecate and use to make my poster as profesional as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment